Mural Hunting at BGC

At last month’s BGC walking tour sponsored by Butterfly Twists, my artist friend Dee Jae Pa’este took us around Bonifacio High Street to check out the different murals done by his fellow artists. I knew there were other artworks around BGC, so I went back for my own solo tour. Here’s a compilation of the artworks I found. Some were large, in-your-face murals, while others were subtle graffitis.

"Pilandok" (Philippine Mouse-Deer) by Egg Fiasco

“Pilandok” (Philippine Mouse-Deer) by Egg Fiasco

"Pangako" by Anjo Bolarda

“Pangako” by Anjo Bolarda

Untitled by Nate Frizzell

Untitled by Nate Frizzell

"We Are What We Pretend To Be" by Nate Frizzell

“We Are What We Pretend To Be” by Nate Frizzell

Nate Frizzell's hidden graffiti (See the bird?)

Nate Frizzell’s hidden graffiti (See the bird?)

"Araw + Ulap + Laro = Saya" by The Mighty Bhutens

“Araw + Ulap + Laro = Saya” by The Mighty Bhutens

"Mother Nature: Four Seasons" by Dee Jae Paeste

“Mother Nature: Four Seasons” by Dee Jae Pa’este

Kate was here. "Mother Nature: Four Seasons" by Dee Jae Paeste.

Kate was here. “Mother Nature: Four Seasons” by Dee Jae Pa’este.

"Andres, Katipunan Supremo" by Doppel

Untitled by Nate Frizzell

Untitled by Nate Frizzell

Stay tuned for part 2!

May 14, 2016

10 Comments

1. nina canoy wrote:

Nice! Didn’t realize that there’s a lot of murals in BGC!

2. Brenda wrote:

I like all those artworks but my most are Mother Nature,Wonderland and we are what we printed( the kid looks so real) haha..

3. Sandrah Araja wrote:

Napakaganda grabe! Sana ganito nalang din gawin dun sa mga pader katulad nung sa mga public schools, di ko kasi naappreciate yung mga drawing nila na spongebob pero ang layo sa kabihasnan. :3 Hope I’ll have a chance to go there too

4. kim wrote:

I only saw We Are What We Pretend To Be” by Nate Frizzell.’ You made me want to go mural hunting on my own. Next time I go to BGC i will look for all this murals that you featured on your blog. I just hope that they can do those stunning murals in our place as well.

5. Murals in BGC wrote:

6. ann wrote:

You inspired me to do mural hunting 🙂
    We did it today 🙂

7. Ann wrote:

You inspired me to check out the murals and do mural hunting! 🙂
    We went yesterday 😉

• Kate wrote:

Thanks for the link-back, Ann! There are many new murals that were launched just recently, and it’s great to see that you photographed them. I’m planning to do a part 2 soon because I haven’t seen the new ones yet. 🙂

• Ann wrote:

Hi Kate! Thanks so much for checking my blog *kilig*
        It was a fun walking around the city. Will also check out the others that we have not seen 😉
        Will definitely check your Part 2 post! 🙂

8. […] I have seen some of the street arts before but did not paid much attention to them, until I saw Kate Alvarez’ post. Seeing the various public art made me want to go mural hunting. Since today is a holiday, I saw an […]