8 Reasons To Visit Enchanted Kingdom’s Ghostbusters Adventure
Enchanted Kingdom just unveiled “Ghostbusters Adventure: Live” last weekend by throwing a daylong, ghoul-themed party. We started with a luncheon at the Midway Boardwalk Party Place, where we rubbed elbows with Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, drank a mysterious slimy green beverage, and met the brains behind EK’s adventures.
The rain didn’t stop us from joining the flash mob of ghosts and EK executives wearing their own proton packs. My cousin Arden and I found ourselves at the forefront of the crowd, which made us one of the first few people to enter the Ghostbusters Adventure. Here are my top eight highlights:
1. There’s a Pinoy version of the Ecto-1, aptly called Ekto Juan, a jeepney transformed into a ghost-fighting vehicle, complete with decals. It’s located next to the Ghostbusters ticket booth. You’re not allowed to enter the vehicle, but you’re free to take as many photos as you like. Note that the Ghostbusters attraction isn’t part of the ride-all-you-can entrance ticket. It costs ₱100 per head.
2. The walk-through set is inspired by both the 1984 movie and the 2016 remake. Depending on how fast you walk or run away from the ghosts, it takes about 10 minutes to finish the entire set.
3. You may quit halfway if it gets too scary for you. After the first set, you’ll exit and take a quick breather before the guide asks you, “Do you wish to continue?” If you say yes, you’ll proceed to the next set. If not, you’re free to go and be a wimp.
4. You’re guaranteed to be scared. I won’t give away any spoilers, but I can tell you that the cast members of the attraction were trained under Dominic McChesney’s international-renowned Scare School. They didn’t specify an age limit, so it’s up to the parents to
5. There’s a Ghostbusters flash mob that will pop up regularly around the park, singing, “Who you gonna call?” You’re free to dance with them.
6. You’ll create your own Ghostbusters scene. Before the start of the adventure, you’ll be photographed with a digitally enhanced background of Slimer and the Ekto Juan. Be creative with your scene. You may purchase the photograph for ₱250 at the Ghostbusters souvenir shop after the adventure.
7. I’m disappointed that they don’t allow you to wear a proton pack and shoot at the ghosts, but there’s a way for you to vent out your frustration. After Ghostbusters, head straight to the 7D theater (₱100 per person) to play the Halloween Zombies in 7D, where you’ll get your own gun and fight zombies.
8. Get a green blizzard while you’re at it. Exclusive at EK, Dairy Queen will offer a Slimer-inspired blizzard this October.
Enchanted Kingdom is located at Santa Rosa, Laguna. Visit www.enchantedkingdom.ph for more info.
Date of visit: October 15, 2016
10 Alternative Things To Do This Halloween