Did you know that 7 out of 10 Filipino teenagers don’t have a dream? In an independent study conducted by Dream Project PH, they asked 614 Filipino teenagers from every socioeconomic class across the Philippines, “Do you have a dream in life?” For those who answered no, their main reason is discouraging words from others. Secondary reasons are lack of self-esteem, lack of passion, lack of opportunity, and lastly, poverty.
Viviamo! Inc., the company behind Belle de Jour Power Planner, reinforces the importance of having a dream with their new campaign, “Magic of Dreams.” BDJ collaborated with successful Filipinas and produced a series of videos to inspire the younger generation to talk about their dreams and fulfill their passions. Here’s one from Ginger Arboleda:
As a mental health advocate, I support this campaign by BDJ. Whatever your age or background, there are several underlying reasons that can discourage us from fulfilling our dreams. Are the holidays making you feel extra blue? While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to our problems, it helps to have a supportive and inspiring community.
As we bid adieu to 2018, I’m launching a New Year giveaway. I’m raffling off a Navi 2019 travel planner and a self-care sticker kit to one loyal reader of Kate Was Here or a member of the mental health community. I hope that this planner will jump-start your travel plans and inspire you to keep dreaming. I have personally been using the Navi planner for the last 5 years.
Here’s how you can join:
1. Watch the videos of #MagicOfDreams here.
2. In the comments section of this blog post, tell me which story inspired you the most and why.
3. Then tell me what your dream is for 2019.
4. Make sure you use a valid email address, so that I can contact you if you win.
5. If you’re too shy to post your answers in the comments section, you may send your answers via private message is this contact form. In the subject, type, “Magic of Dreams.”
6. One comment = one raffle entry. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
7. Winner will be announced here and on my Facebook page on January 4, 2019, Friday.
8. For Philippine residents only.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”